Sand control screen prevent the migration of reservoir sand and fines into a wellbore, stabilize reservoir, retain permeability for wells, enhance productivity, optimize production, and protect equipment.
The sand control screens selection depends on site-specific conditions, operating practices and economic considerations. Available sand control screens have the following types:
- Laser slotted screen liner; used in heavy oil well. Slot width is from .006” up to .250”. Slot length is usually 1.5”-2.00”. Slots can be straight or keystone shaped.
- Elastic Screen; sand control of oil, gas, and water wells with self-cleaning, deplugging features
- Sintered Filter Clothed Sand Control Screen; sand control of oil, gas, and water wells with high discharge capacity with large filter area
- Precisely Screen Liner: woven wire mesh features with controlled hole size. Holes distribute uniformity and do not become deformed.
- PRS Screen Liner; used in horizontal well open hole screen completion, direct screen sand control. High inflow area provides lower pressure drops, increased production rates, and longer well life.
Laser Slotted Screen Liner